Sunday, November 1, 2015

I'm back . . . DoTerra Deodorant Review

It's been awhile . . . but I'm back.  

And I've been trying out some of doTERRA's newly released products!  First up a natural deodorant!



For a little background, I've been trying different natural deodorant's for the past few years.  My first move was away from an antiperspirant.  The short reason - Aluminum, which is possibly* linked by some to cancer and Alzheimer's. I would prefer not to have to deal with either of these, and using an antiperspirant was something I did at least once a day, I dropped the antiperspirant and switched to a deodorant, then have been trying the more natural deodorants. Can I just say there is A LOT out there!  And you can spend as little or as much as you would like!  There are rocks, sprays, roll-on, sticks, homemade, etc.  

So, what did I think?!                                  I really like it!                                   And it works!

Ingredients:  Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Triethyl Citrate, Carnauba Wax, Corn Starch, Cypress Oil, Melaleuca Oil, Cedarwood, Bergamot Oil, Sage Oil, Shea Butter & Sodium Caproyl/Lauroyl Lactylate.  

Pretty good that there are only two of those I had to look up! The scent is simple, not overpowering or perfuming at all. Cedarwood is also one of my favorite oils, so I really like the smell.  When applying, one will notice it is a little sticky.  But after application, I didn't notice it again - and my armpits definitely weren't sticking together!  As a friend suggested, I applied it more than once.  I applied some after my shower (which I usually do at night), then again in the morning or before I headed out.  I made sure I added a layer before I headed to work out with my younger two!  

My two biggest tests: Rockstar workout and Co-op days!  For the workout, I always sweat (that's kinda the point) but I didn't notice a stinky armpit smell afterwards . . . and yes, I checked! For co-op days, I am busy running around setting up for the day, so even if it's not warm, I typically start to sweat a little.  Then have to be around others for the rest of the morning, so I don't want to be all stinky from the morning set-up.  And I wasn't!  

The final selling point - my shirts!  I'm not big into washing each shirt after every wear, especially if it's a nice sweater or a shirt I've only worn for a few hours.  This cuts down on the wear of my clothes and helps them last longer.  But, if I pick up a shirt the following week and the armpits smell - that's is not good!  I have not noticed this problem at all using the doTERRA Natural Deodorant. 

And now, here's the good part!  I am giving away a doTERRA Natural Deodorant!  Would you like to try it?  Just comment on my blog and you'll be put in for a drawing on November 7th.  I will then send you your own doTERRA Natural Deodorant to try out!

But even if you don't win . . . it's a very reasonably priced natural deodorant and comparable to other natural deodorants.  $11.33 retail which you can order through my website.

Or if you're already a doTERRA WA, you can buy it for the wholesale price of $8.50.  If you'd like to learn more about having access to wholesale doTERRA, just comment below!









9 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for your review! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good review, Rita. I've been wondering if the deodorent really works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review Rita. I have gone through similar battles buying many kinds of natural deodorants that have not worked. MB

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband loves it but it's leaving greasy stains on his shirts that we can't seem to remove. Thoughts? Ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I haven't heard of this or experienced it myself. I will look into it. Is it all shirts or a certain material?

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the review - I'm thinking about giving up antiperspirants and this was helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have used it it doesn't last long effort on and burns skin I wasnt happy with and stains clothes

    ReplyDelete